Saturday, April 3, 2010

A-B-C-D-E!!!

This is the title of Eric's favorite show. He got addicted to it at my parents' house because they lack Sesame Street on-demand.

I'll give you a hint: it comes on every weekday evening.

One more? It's "America's Favorite Game Show."

Yep. Wheel of Fortune.

Every day when he wants to watch t.v. he walks up to it and looks at me with those big, blue eyes and says, "A, B, C, D E?" It really does no good to tell your toddler that his show only comes on for a half hour on week nights, and that the Game Show Network doesn't have reruns.

Because we have never let me watch "regular" television ("regular" meaning television in real-time with commercials), Eric has no idea why these annoying 30 second shows come on in the middle of his show!

A commercial will begin, and immediately it's "A-B-C-D-E? A-B-C-D-E?" over and over...
"Eric, it's a commercial."
"A-B-C-D-E?!"
[BIG sigh] "Honey, A-B-C-D-E will come back on after the commercial."

I've actually started recording the stupid shows for the weekend because I figure he won't be able to tell the difference. Or he'll get really good at "guessing" the letters. Maybe we can invite some friends over and take bets. We could use the money. :-)

2 comments:

Leah said...

I'm not taking that bet, it's a sucker bet! I'm on to you! ;-)

Unknown said...

If you set up your DVR to record Wheel of Fortune every time it comes on you could let him watch it whenever he wants then flip through the commercials. Just a thought. Lover you!