Saturday, September 29, 2012

It's amazing the things you'd sell your soul for once you are a parent...

What tops YOUR list???

Here's mine:

1- A night with total control of the t.v. remote with NO KIDS ANYWHERE IN THE HOUSE to interrupt what I'm watching.
 1.5- A chance to watch an entire Washington Nationals or Redskins game (insert your favorite team here, unless it happens to be the Cowboys.... or any team from Philadelphia [sorry Pete])

2- Eight hours of uninterrupted sleep with no early morning wake-ups

3- Being able to go out with your significant other any day, any time, anywhere

4- Looking as good as your older friends who don't have kids

And I get it.  I know that in about 20 years I'll look back on this blog and cry my little eyes out that "my babies" are all grown up and have left the house.  I am a total sucker for nostalgia, so I know I will miss all this eventually.  But how many empty-nesters tell us young mothers how lucky we are, but then they never volunteer to watch anyone's kids for even an hour so we can run an errand?  Personally, I think time erases all the bad memories so you remember things as being absolutely picture-perfect.

I asked John what his list would be...

John: Well, some of those would be nice, but I don't know that I'd sell my soul for them...

[sigh].  No appreciation for superfluous prose.  Or sarcasm.  Maybe I should move...

No comments: