Tuesday, March 1, 2011

If it walks like a duck...

Today's challenge is a picture of something I wish I could forget. What do I want to forget? I want to forget being sexually assaulted as a teen, the total douche I gave my whole heart to in Germany, the movie Howard the Duck...

This was a slam dunk... and not just because I can't imagine trying to find a picture of the first two.
If you've never seen Howard the Duck, the picture pretty much sums it up. This god-awful movie still haunts my nightmares. Ironically, it was highly-anticipated when it was released- kinda like Barbarella. It's about a sexually-depraved comic book character from outer space who lands on planet Earth... and wears a giant duck suit. Whoever green-lit this project should be dragged onto a busy street and shot. It was so bad that even at the tender age of 10, I left the theater and walked home (At the time I lived on an air force base and "home" was an apartment building literally ten yards away from the theater; don't want readers to think I hitchhiked across Washington, DC).

Did you know Tim Robbins was in this movie? And George Lucas was an executive producer?? Yeah, I didn't either until John went on IMDB. George Freakin' Lucas, people!!! It's my theory that the genius who created the original Star Wars trilogy and gave us Indiana Jones became so tainted by his association with this movie that horrid delusions produced Jar Jar Binks... and that God-awful Indiana Jones alien sequel.

I dedicate this post to you, George Lucas. Because thanks to you I can never look at ducks the same way again.

No comments: