Friday, October 7, 2011

Now if THIS song doesn't just sum up life after college, I don't know what does

Eric loves to sing. And because of his language delays, it's sometimes hard to understand what he's saying. Couple that with the fact that his preschool teaches crazy songs like "Who let the "A" out?" (to the tune of "Who let the dogs out") where Eric repeats the chorus 26 times, once for each letter, and we have the makings of musical chaos.

Yesterday Eric starts singing a song that he must have learned at school.

Eric: 5 friends... sitting around... everything was easy then it weren't.

Me: What?

Eric: 4 friends... sitting around... everything was easy then it weren't.

Me: Did you learn that at school?

Eric: 3 friends... sitting around... everything was easy then it weren't.

Me: I hope the original lyrics included the word "wasn't..."

Eric: 2 friends... sitting around... everything was easy then it weren't.

I love how preschoolers just keep singing louder and louder with every new line of a song. Except when I'm driving.

I'm not sure what his music class focuses on, but this song has GOT to be taught to high school seniors and disaffected college students. I think my 3 and a half year old is ahead of the curve.

No comments: