Friday, November 7, 2008

Baby Evie


I'm here in Liberty, Missouri with Karen and little baby Evie. Evie is so aborable (as you can see). ;-)

I am here to "help" Karen. I say "help" because I'm not sure how much of a help I am. I had forgotten how much little ones sleep in the first few months. Evie is 6 weeks and she sleeps like a champ. I thought Eric was a good sleeper, but Evie has him beat. It's so easy to check email, make yourself a cup of tea, and eat when your baby is so young. Funny... I never thought that way when Eric was 6 weeks. I was so overwhelmed with caring for him and doing things around the house that I never felt like it was an easy stage. Now I WISH Eric would be so easy! And I wonder how the new baby will fit into the picture, especially with Eric being 15 months when he/she is born. I hope I have enough time for both babies, my husband, and myself but I know how unrealistic that probably is...

John and I find out the gener of Baby X a week from today!! I'm hoping he/she isn't shy on the ultrasound because having to schedule a separate appointment due to using midwives hasn't been as easy as having a traditional OB/GYN. I hope our insurance covers some of this...

No comments: