Sunday, October 12, 2008

Amazing Race in La Paz!

I was watching the Amazing Race tonight, one of my favorite shows, and they went to the city of La Paz in Bolivia. Since Mariko just moved to La Paz, I was especially interested in this episode. Mariko had mentioned in her blog about the poverty in Bolivia, the altitude sickness (at 12,000 feet above sea level, it's the highest city in the world), and the hardship of the indigenous people. I wanted to see if the show would use this opportunity to help the indigenous people by using their businesses and highlighting their culture. I wasn't disappointed. It was incredible to watch, and I hope the people in Bolivia who participated in the show were paid well.

1 comment:

Mariko said...

I'm glad you got to see La Paz. And it's a good thing it was last week. A march today pretty much stopped business.