Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bad night, bad day

I had horrible insomnia last night. DH and I were up until 2am.

So it should come as no surprise that Eric woke us up at 6:30am crying and very upset. We couldn't figure out what was wrong... a nightmare maybe? We changed him and fed him a bottle, and then put him back down. We didn't hear from him again until 9am, which meant we could head to church this morning.

As per usual, he was great at first in the nursery, but at the end of the service our pager went off and Eric was doing his usual gasping sobs. I don't know what sets that off... maybe just too long away from mom and dad. I always have such a great appreciation for nursery workers. I could never baby-sit 5 or so babies.

It's now after 1pm, and he just went down for his first(?) nap. If the morning counts as a nap, then this could be his last one... This wouldn't be an issue except that Eric decided to not eat any solids today. The 9 month hunger strike has officially begun. It sucks, let me tell you. He starts gagging and retching when you feed him ANY solids, even oatmeal which he loves. I just have to keep remembering that babies phase in and phase out of everything and that this, too, shall pass...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exactly! "This too shall pass" is going to be my motto, too.